Exploit fix 0.1

--[[
	simple workaround for dc++ exploit that affect most popular recent clients.
	script should work with other clients with similar lua implementation

adrian_007 (c) 2008
]]--

dcpp:setListener( "clientIn", "exploitfix",
	function( userp, line )
		-- this is a hack...
		if line == "$ADCGET list /// 0 -1 ZL1" then
			DC():PrintDebug( "Dropped user that tried to crash you via exploit!" )
			return true
		else
			return false
		end
	end
)
DC():PrintDebug(" ** exploitfix.lua loaded")

checked with rsx++, maybe someone can confirm if it’s working with other. :slight_smile:

i can check with BCDC++ later on this day when i get home from work

Loads correct on LDC 1.00 v2a (DC++ 0.674) but I haven’t verified it stops the exploit.

how can you tell if it works ? cause i’m using it in rsx but i still get the little message that someone is trying to use my client to spam

it doesnt prevent spam attempt but remote exploit that can crash your client… and there’s a update on my forum.

--[[
   simple workaround for dc++ exploit that affect most popular recent clients.
   script should work with other clients with similar lua implementation

adrian_007 (c) 2008

little change of string-recognition for better exploit-fix by FlipFlop (c) 2009
]]--

dcpp:setListener( "clientIn", "exploitfix",
   function( userp, line )
       -- this is a hack...
       if string.find(line, "%$ADCGET (%S) //+ 0 %-1 ZL1") then
           DC():PrintDebug( "Dropped user that tried to crash you via exploit" )
           return true
       else
           return false
       end
   end
)
DC():PrintDebug(" ** exploitfix.lua loaded")

Yeppy the spam problem that your asking about is the CTM exploit and there arent any sure proof solutions out there yet

ahh TmpAntiFlood can partially deal with it :stuck_out_tongue:

ok i got the updated version from rsx forums

btw how do you use the true/false that function returns ? cause i don’t think just by sending text ("dropped user … ") helps with anything

if you return true, message isnt dispatched anymore - it’s dropped at script level.

Hmm. Little late maybe, but who said that start position has to be 0 and amount of requested bytes -1? DC++ will accept any start position >= 0 and any size that is -1 or >= 1 bytes. Same goes for the ZLib extension, ZL1 flag is optional, in fact my clients might not support ZLib at all. This script will totally fail.