here an extension idea, i call it OSNR - Only Send No Read.
It is designed for bots, which stay in a hub only to broadcast news, for example a RSS feed bot or a release announcer.
- client adds a ADOSNR to its support in protocol state; hub adds it to indicate support (if not, client has to handle possible incoming data from hub/clients)
- standard login procedure; client adds OSNR to its SU flag in INF, to indicate that it ignores every communication attemp by another client;
this should also be done in case the hub does not support ADOSNR
- if hub wants the client to login, hub sends ONLY the clients INF to indicate login. nothing more. that will be the last message from hub to client
- if hub does not want the client to login, hub sends some STA and disconnects the client
- other clients in hub should respect the SUOSNR flag in INF (if they understand it) and should not try to send any data in any form to the client, no pms, search results etc
I experimentally implemented this extension in luadch (https://sourceforge.net/p/luadch/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/luadch)
and announcer_bot (https://sourceforge.net/p/luadch/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/announcer_bot).